Requisition Number: 2021-3777
Type of Position: Part-Time
Location: Valhalla, NY
The position is responsible for assisting with the 24-hour Admitting Process Unit (APU) to the Behavioral Health Center.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Reviews all transfer center (TC) packets for accuracy of documentation then enters information into BHC Psych-T database.
- Answer and triage phone calls.
- Works with admitting department to register BHC patients.
- Assist with coordination in connection with admission to nursing units.
- Prepare all consent forms and legal paperwork for inpatient admissions.
- Review admission paperwork with TC patients.
- Regularly check bed status.
- Maintain visit logs binder.
- Assist security with wrong door walk-ins and transfers to ER.
- Place orders for office supplies.
- Monday-Friday bed status report entered into NYS database.
- Update and maintain a daily excel spreadsheet for all admissions.
- Maintain telephone contact sheets as needed.
- Welcome new patients and their families to BHC and ensure completion of consents/legal paperwork.
- Fax all completed consent paperwork to admitting department.
Hiring for Part-time and per Diem, 8-Hour WEEKEND shifts
Excellent opportunity for someone seeking consistent supplemental income!
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Previous work experience in a behavioral health or hospital setting preferred.
- Ability to direct the activities of patients, to work under potentially stressful conditions, and deal with individuals / critical situations in an effective manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse population.
- Ability to work independently.
- Sufficient physical ability and perceptive acuity to perform patient care functions.
- Successful completion of departmental required training and in-service training
The Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) is a 1,700-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with 10 hospitals on eight campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2 and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region’s only acute care children’s hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley.
The Behavioral Health Center, located on WMC's Valhalla campus, has been a leading provider of psychiatric services since 1929, offering a full spectrum of inpatient, outpatient, community and emergency care for adults, children, and adolescents.