Requisition Number: 2023-4493
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Wamego, KS
Heritage Program for Senior Adults, Wamego KS
We are actively interviewing licensed or candidates for licensure social workers for our Social Worker position at the Heritage Program for Senior Adults at our program with Wamego Health Center, Wamego KS.
This is a full-time position with benefits with market-competitive compensation package.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Facilitating Daily Group Therapy and keeping charts updated
- Completing Psychosocial Assessments
- Assisting with Treatment Planning and Discharge Planning
- Completing Utilization Review
- Kansas Master's level social work licensure or license-eligible.
- Strong therapy and assessment skills
- Expertise in the needs of geriatric and adult populations
- Experience in performing brief short-term therapy (e.g. cognitive behavioral therapy or solution-focused therapy)
- Experience developing therapeutic materials preferred.
It's not uncommon for senior adults to experience life changes that lead to feelings of depression, sadness, and anger.
Heritage Senior Behavior Health is an outpatient program that provides individualized treatment for older adults who are experiencing emotional, behavioral or mental health disorders.
Our program provides intensive outpatient treatment, offered Monday through Friday. Treatment through our program is offered in the least restrictive environment and patients are able to return home each afternoon. We serve Pottawatomie, Riley, and Wabaunsee Counties.
Our services are offered on a philosophy of providing quality care that stresses the importance of dignity, respect, confidentiality. Our goal is to help our patients achieve an optimum level of functioning. Together as a team, our staff of highly trained clinicians formulate treatment plans specific to the individual's needs.