Requisition Number: 2022-4362
Type of Position: Part Time - Full Time
Location: Michigan City, IN
Signet Health is working with our client in Michigan City, Indiana to quickly hire qualified registered nurses (RN) with psychiatric experience. These are hospital positions offering market-competitive compensation package. New RNs invited to apply.
Our Registered Nurses promote and restore patients' health by completing the nursing process, collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members, providing physical and psychological support to patients and families and supervising assigned team members.
Openings available for all shifts.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Observe patients to detect behavior patterns, condition changes, and incidents and report observations to the multidisciplinary patient care team.
- Document patient care information and ensure timely and accurate completion of patient care records in accordance with policies and procedures.
- De-escalate situations involving agitated or aggressive patients or caregivers to prevent behavioral-based safety hazards using established principles in de-escalation, including potential application of physical restraints.
- Observe, record, and monitor behaviors related to the risk of patient suicide.
- Assist patients with their daily routines, implement individual program plans, and document client progress.
- Closely monitor and adhere to patient/resident treatment plans in the delivery of care.
- Monitor and assess changes in the tone and quality of the therapeutic milieu and address potential concerns that threaten patients' optimal safety, healing, and supportive environment.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED:
- Adapt to high volume and high stress areas.
- Maintain composure, even in very difficult situations.
- Manage conflict and tactfully handle complaints and difficult situations.
- Navigate the electronic health record for planning, evaluating, and implementing patient care. – EPIC
- Knowledge of HIPAA Guidelines.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program.
- Indiana licensed or able to obtain license.
- Psychiatric Experience. Psychiatric mental health certification a plus
- New Graduates welcome to apply.
- Articulate verbal communication and strong written skills.
- Proficient computer skills required.
- American Heart Association BLS certification.
Shifts: days, evening, part-time, full-time, PRN
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)