Requisition Number: 2023-4736
Type of Position: Per Diem/ PRN
Location: Washington, DC
Come work with a growing interdisciplinary team!
Signet Health manages the behavioral health services for MedStar Washington Hospital Center. Our team uses evidence-based treatment modalities to help provide cutting-edge and quality therapeutic services to those that need it most in the District of Columbia area, as well as surrounding states. Our services include brief therapy, group therapy, addiction related services, medication management, Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program (IOP), Partial-Hospitalization Program (PHP), and integrated Co-Occurring treatment for adults and older adults.
We have PRN Recreational or Art Therapist openings that offer rich and unique learning opportunities. The clinic is open weekdays 8:30am -5:00 pm, and this position would cover hours within that time frame as needed.
Work expectations would include:
- Providing therapeutic services primarily within our Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) onsite at the Outpatient Clinic.
- Services may be a mixture of individual therapy, group therapy, intakes, addiction/co-occurring services, and supporting PHP and/or IOP outcomes.
- Collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team of qualified health care professionals, throughout the MedStar Health Network and collaborating community treatment teams.
- Complete and document clinical services, bio-psychosocial assessments, intakes, referrals, and other clinically related entries within our electronic-medical-record (EMR).
- Organize and present case presentations and staffing with your clinical team and prescribers.
- Attend regular interdisciplinary team meetings and supervision for the operational and administrative functions of the outpatient clinic..
- Performs other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and is not to be considered as all inclusive.
- Active District of Columbia license in art therapy or recreational therapy (ATR or CTRS).
- An actively licensed LICSW or LPC will be considered with certification in art or recreational therapy.
- Experience within a community mental health, outpatient mental health clinic or addictions program.
- Experience with accessing local community resources and facilitating group therapy.
- Must be flexible to the needs of a fast-paced environment, demonstrate effective problem-solving skills, and display excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Strong organization, initiative, and time management skills.
- Moderate to advanced basic typing and computer skills are critical, especially with the growing virtual services due to the pandemic.