Requisition Number: 2023-4900
Type of Position: Part Time - Full Time
Location: El Prado, NM
Signet Health is assisting Vista Taos, a Drug & Alcohol Treatment Program in Taos, NM. This position is for a Recovery Advocate (RA) for Addiction or equivalent such as a Mental Health Technician or Certified Nursing Assistant.
All shifts available - Part-time/PRN - day-evening swing shift/overnight - week/weekends.
Read our website and see videos of the client experience. https://www.vistataos.com/
Vista Taos offers a robust and competitive compensation package for full-time positions including:
401(k) - Dental Insurance – Medical Insurance – Vision – Life Insurance - EAP - Flexible schedule - Health insurance – HSA - Life insurance - Paid Time Off - Parental leave - Professional development assistance – Disability Insurance
We also offer free meal/shift, tuition reimbursement, continuing education reimbursements, and local gym membership discount!
Competative pay range.
Recovery advocates are individuals who guide patients in rehab facility centers through their treatments and programs. As part of the staff, they ensure patients are getting the most out of their treatments and are progressing. Often, these individuals have experienced addiction at some point in their lives and received treatment. Because they have experienced both sides of this battle, advocates for recovery can empathize with patients and help them better understand the need for treatment.
This is a key position providing direct patient care, monitoring patients' physical and emotional needs, and administratively supporting the program.
- Assists in maintaining medical records
- Monitors patient interactions and safety with de-escalation skills
- Thorough understanding of 12-step Recovery model
- Room checks as directed
- Provides clerical support
- Assists in patient data collection
- Performs medical procedures under direction of an RN
- Provides patient information as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- Utilizes knowledge of verbal and non-verbal communication skills to provide targeted therapeutic interventions with patients
- Transporting patients to/from meetings safely
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent. Associated degree in related field preferred.
- Experience in a psychiatric/alcohol treatment or healthcare facility
- Familiarity with medical and psychiatric terminology
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build positive and respectful rapport with patients and families
- Works well in a busy team environment and self-directed
- BLS Required (training available)
- Ability to work shifts needed
- Clean driving record and background
- Knowledge of and/or ability to speak Spanish, helpful
- Ability to pass Drug Testing. If in recovery, minimum two (2) years sobriety.