Requisition Number: 2022-4257
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Clinton, MD
Come work with a great team! Signet Health is actively interviewing social workers for our program in Clinton MD with our Partial Hospital Program.
We offer a competitive compensation package including generous PTO and generous sign-on bonus!
These integral positions are an active part of the multi-disciplinary treatment team and will provide:
- Complete intake and psychosocial assessments This includes speaking to current identified supports and treatment providers
- Provides individual, group, and family therapies to patients and their families. The primary treatment modality in the Adult Partial Hospitalization Program is group therapy.
- Actively Participates in interdisciplinary treatment team meetings to propose and develop strategies and interventions that would promote excellent therapeutic outcomes
- Provide Daily assessment of patient safety toward self, others, and within the patient’s environment. This would include assessing cases of suspected abuse/neglect and making reports/referrals to proper agencies. The therapist would demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to safely manage patient mental health crises to ensure patient, department, and staff safety.
- Consults and coordinates with the multidisciplinary treatment team, referral sources, and community providers to develop a comprehensive discharge plan and foster positive relationships with community providers and resources
- Other duties as assigned including marketing and outreach calls
We look for qualified licensed professionals and place our trust in our employees to do their best.
- Master's Degree in Social Work or counseling or equivalent master’s degree in a recognized health field.
- 2-5 years Clinical Experience Preferred
- Experience in working in the mental health or substance use field.
- Knowledge of psychological disorders & abnormal psychology related to adults
- Exceptional conflict resolution, crisis management, and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and creativity skills required
- Display excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines regardless of caseload
- Ability to build rapport quickly and develop positive working relationships with program staff.
MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center is a 286-bed facility that provides over 60,000 emergency room visits and 20,000 admissions each year. The Behavioral Health Department includes a 28-bed Adult inpatient unit and Partial Hospitalization Program.