Requisition Number: 2021-3622
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Mount Clemens, MI
Signet Health/Diamond Healthcare is currently recruiting for an experienced Psychiatric Nurse Manager for a new senior adult inpatient unit at McLaren Macomb Hospital in Shelby Charter Township, MI. This position will work to provide an environment for effective relationship-based nursing care and to ensure that the department consistently provides high-quality care with positive patient outcomes.
Position Summary: Manages the resources for the department to ensure quality patient outcomes, patient satisfaction, and cost-effective care. Develops and empowers staff, forges collaborative and team relationships within the nursing department and with other disciplines and departments. Promotes professional nursing care consistent with standards and policies of the hospital and unit.
- Efficient fiscal operation of capital expenditures, staffing requirements, and material expenses. Assists with analysis of budget variance, developing corrective action plans as necessary to attain identified target.
- Leads the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and standards of care.
- Promotes, develops, and evaluates processes, and systems for patient care and satisfaction to recommend and integrate appropriate changes.
- Ensures compliance with hospital, state, federal, and licensing agency regulatory standards.
- Collaborates with multiple disciplines in maintaining the quality of care by communicating with ancillary departments, medical staff, etc. Acts as a role model regarding collaboration and partnerships with physicians and other departments.
- Ensures effective recruitment, hiring, retention, corrective action, and competency assessment for employees in assigned departments. Conducts performance appraisals.
- Leads and/or participates in Quality Improvement (QI) groups, and other multidisciplinary meetings. Works with nursing and medical staff to determine the quality indicators and organizes efforts to continually improve that quality.
- Collaborates with community health organizations to enhance the hospital’s community presence.
- BSN degree required. MSN degree preferred.
- Active Michigan RN licensure in good standing.
- BLS certification from American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC), or Canadian equivalent.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in the care of the mentally ill and supervision of paraprofessional staff; assessment, planning, provision, and evaluation of psychiatric nursing care to patients.
- Experience with medication teaching, management of the therapeutic milieu and providing mandatory, and voluntary in-service training to all staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to develop and implement improved methods of care delivery, policies and procedures and educational/clinical programs appropriate to the needs of the staff, patient and community.
- Evaluate nursing practice outcomes and resolve technical and/or managerial issues.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with diverse groups.
EOE - We are committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.