Requisition Number: 2022-4264
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Mount Vernon, OH
Signet Health, a national acute rehabilitation management company is currently hiring for a full-time PPS Coordinator/Clinical Education Liaison for our acute inpatient rehabilitation program at Knox Community Hospital in Mount Vernon, Ohio.
This position offers a competitive compensation benefits package including market competitive salary and generous PTO.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Coordinates the data collection on the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF-PAI) for completion and timely submission to CMS.
- Ensures evidence of supporting documentation.
- Provides clinical staff education to ensure compliance with CMS guidelines
- Coordinates all efforts for immediate issue resolution concerning GG scoring and rating
- Conducts ongoing review of IRF-PAI related data, and assists the Director to address action
- Provides guidance to rehab physicians and clinical team on capturing tier codes for appropriate reimbursement.
- Provides feedback to the team through audits on scoring, rating, and quality measures.
- Implements a schedule for every patient for timely completion of the IRF-PAI.
- Reports key metrics to the leadership team at daily team meetings.
- Works closely with HIM coding department to identify and document all applicable codes concurrently
- Routinely rounds on other hospital units to identify potential patients for admission to the rehab unit
- Performs a clinical assessment on patient-candidates for the rehab unit
- Communicates findings on patients to the Medical Director and the Inpatient Rehab director
- Our emphasis for this position is on high-functioning results in a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment.
- Current Ohio state licensure in nursing (RN) is required.
- MDS RN highly preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ clinical experience in acute hospital, SNF, LTACH or rehab hospital.
- If no recent IRF-PPS experience, we will consider MDS-RUGs experience.
- Clinical assessment skills required.