Requisition Number: 2022-4291
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Mount Vernon, OH
We are currently hiring for an Occupational Therapist and a Physical Therapist for our program at Knox Community Hospital, Mount Vernon OH.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package with a starting salary of $90,000.00. We are also offering a substantial Sign-on bonus of $30,000.00.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Responsible for delegation and direction of all discipline-specific therapy services for those assigned patients.
- Ensure the design of functional treatment programs allowing for an effective return to community activities.
- Serves as an educator of patients, families, students, co-workers and self.
- Performs other professional duties associated with the care of the patient, development of discipline-specific therapy services and design of program delivery.
- Evaluates assigned patients and establishes appropriate treatment goals and treatment programs.
- Provides ongoing evaluation of patient's status and goals, modifying treatment program for timely progression.
- Develops comprehensive goals for patient treatment to maximize patient outcomes and return to community activities.
- Coordinates treatment program in conjunction with other clinical/therapeutic services, as well as available community resources.
- Attends appropriate clinical meetings to facilitate coordination.
- Provides for patient education to include the development of comprehensive and progressive home programs with instruction to the patient, family and other caregivers as appropriate to facilitate a safe and effective discharge.
- Prepares for patient discharge including ordering of equipment and recommendations for therapeutic services ensuring the continuum of care.
- Delegates and supervises the utilization of PTAs/COTAs, as well as support personnel to maximize patient outcomes and ensure effective utilization of services.
• Current state licensure as a Physical Therapist/Occupational Therapist required.• Certified BLS or completion in the first 90 days of employment required.• Three or more years of clinical experience and a valid state Driver's License.