Requisition Number: 2022-4091
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: North Richland Hills, TX
Signet Health is recruiting for a seasoned and well-qualified professional for the Payroll Director position to join our team and manage all aspects of the payroll administration for over 700 employees across 3 companies.
We believe there is nothing more critical to our success than our people, and this role will ensure those people are properly and accurately compensated for the wonderful work they do advocating for the vulnerable in the world. This role will be privy to highly confidential compensation information and will be trusted to maintain that confidentiality.
This position is located in North Richland Hills, TX.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities of the Payroll Department
- Ensure timely and accurate payroll on a consistent basis
- Working experience with Paycor highly desired
- Work with various internal stakeholders to handle payroll related inquiries and resolve any issues or errors in a timely manner
- Work with third-party payroll provider to maintain all statutory compliance with respect to payroll, including quarterly filings
- Work with third-party payroll provider to respond to state payroll tax inquiries to ensure compliance with payroll and related laws and regulations
- Maintain and improve requirements and internal control procedures for payroll processes
- Maintain records efficiently and accurately and prepare clear and concise reports as needed
- Handle the payroll aspects of new employee onboarding
- Handle changes to employee payroll inputs including earning codes, deduction codes, etc.
- Technical Knowledge and skills: Have a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill and knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to payroll administration and tax withholding in addition to the principles and procedures of payroll processing, reconciling and accounting
- Communication: Clearly convey ideas and information both within the organization (employees, accounting team, and management) and outside the organization (state agencies and payroll provider)
- Managing work: Organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
Basic and Preferred Qualifications (Education and/or experience):
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum Experience Qualifications: At least 5 years of experience in payroll processing
- In lieu of education, professional level payroll experience or experience in a related field may be considered
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong experience in leading the payroll function in an organization
- Knowledge of payroll systems and accounting database programs
- You are detail oriented, organized and meticulous
Pay range: $65,000 - $85,000 depending on experience