Requisition Number: 2021-3811
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Payson, AZ
Diamond Healthcare has a full-time opening for a Mental Healthcare Technician with experience in healthcare, behavioral health, nursing or long-term care for our program at Banner Payson Medical Center in Payson, Arizona.
This is a key position that provides direct patient care, monitors patients' physical and emotional needs, and administratively supports the psychiatric program.
The areas of responsibility for this position include clerical, technician, and transportation. Note that any additional training needed - CPR, taking vitals, etc - will be provided.
This is a great opportunity offering an excellent benefit package including medical - dental - vision - life - disability; 401k, generous PTO plus additional seven holidays.
- Assists in maintaining medical records.
- Provides clerical support and patient data collection - filing/organizing, scheduling, chart set-up.
- Greet patients/visitors, answers phone for the program, faxing, mailings.
- Maintains supply inventory.
- May be trained in systems for registration, billing, etc.
- Provides patient information as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Other clerical duties as assigned.
- Monitors patient interactions and safety.
- Take vitals.
- Review COVID19 questionnaires.
- Assist patients in the restroom.
- Assist with food orders if we serve meals.
- Assist and transport patients.
- Maintain van records.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 yr work experience in a psychiatric facility, nursing home, long-term care facility or healthcare facility preferred.
- Familiarity with medical and psychiatric terminology helpful.
- Great verbal/written communication, interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to build positive and respectful rapport with patients and families.
- Works well in a busy team environment.
- CPR Required (training can be provided).
We are a drug-free facility.
EOE - We are committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.