Requisition Number: 2023-4492
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: El Prado, NM
OverviewVista Taos Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation - FNP or PA with Addiction Experience
Signet Health is actively interviewing qualified professionals - Physician Assistants (PA) with addiction experience or Family Nurse Practitioners (FNP) with addiction experience - for their substance abuse program at Vista Taos in El Prado, NM. New grads are welcome to apply.
This position will work with our Detox and Residential clients in the program providing care to our patients suffering from alcohol, opioid and other addictions. You will work as a member of our Patient Care Team ensuring the best recovery plan possible for our patients. This job includes conducting physical examinations, managing withdrawal symptoms, interpreting lab tests and overseeing patients’ overall healthcare while in our program. You’ll be both a health practitioner and an educator, supporting recovery practices and helping people lead healthy lives. You will work closely with other healthcare professionals, behavioral counselors, recovery advocates, case managers, Licensed counselors, and Licensed social workers. Compassionate care, problem-solving skills, and clear written and spoken communication are crucial.
- Evaluate patient potential for admission and ASAM criteria level based on presenting symptoms.
- Examine patients and document their history and physical findings
- Participate in Treatment Planning for each patient and all levels of care
- Order and study diagnostic tests (urine drug screens)
- Observe health conditions and illnesses and make referrals when necessary
- Propose treatment plans and participate in active treatment team
- Prescribe medications (schedule II drugs)
- Maintain accurate records and schedules
- Inform patients about their health conditions and prescribed medications,
- Obtain and document informed consent.
- Educate patients and their family members on disease processes, recovery trajectory and comorbidities, both acute and long term
- Assist with infection control monitoring and practice refinement
- Oversee patients’ overall health.
- Promote good health practices
- Advance professional knowledge and maintain knowledge base regarding addiction and recovery.
- Proven experience as Nurse Practitioner in a clinic, Residential Treatment Facility, hospital, ER or other setting
- Expertise in primary care
- Knowledge of health and patient care regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong ethics
- positive attitude
- Patience and calm demeanor
- Valid Nurse Practitioner license or Physician Assistant New Mexico license
- Commitment to serve patients experiencing addiction and moving on a path to recovery
This is a hospital position with all benefits and compensation provided by the hospital.
- Current and unencumbered New Mexico Nursing license for Nurse Practitioner with current credentials OR
- Current and unencumbered New Mexico license for Physician Assistant.
- Addiction experience needed.