Requisition Number: 2021-3818
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Cleveland, MS
Signet Health/Diamond Healthcare is currently seeking an experienced nurse to fill the position of inpatient Nurse Manager, Senior Adult Psych Services for a unique program at Bolivar Medical Center in Cleveland, Mississippi.
This position will work to provide an environment for effective relationship-based nursing care and to ensure that the department consistently provides high-quality care with positive patient outcomes.
Competitive benefits and salary package. With us, you're not just an employee, you're a member of our team.
- Ensuring efficient fiscal operation of the Department of Psychiatry.
- Seeking and acting upon patient, family, and staff feedback.
- Leading the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and standards of care.
- Evaluating the outcomes of patient care to recommend and integrate appropriate changes.
- Ensuring compliance with hospital, state, federal, and licensing agency regulatory standards.
- Leading and/or participating in Quality Improvement (QI) groups, and other multidisciplinary meetings.
- Collaboration with community health organizations to enhance the hospital’s community presence.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Associates Degree, Diploma, with psych leadership and supervisory skills or BSN in psychiatry or mental health nursing (or equivalent).
- Active, Mississippi RN licensure in good standing.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in the care of the mentally ill and supervision of paraprofessional staff; assessment, planning, provision, and evaluation of psychiatric nursing care to patients.
- Experience with medication teaching, management of the therapeutic milieu and providing mandatory, and voluntary in-service training to all staff.
- Strong training skills, a plus.
EOE - We are committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Bolivar Medical Center was originally called East Bolivar County Hospital and expanded through the years. In 1971, when West Bolivar country Hospital closed, East Bolivar County Hospital dropped the East and became Bolivar County Hospital. Since then, Bolivar County Hospital grew more and in 1997 changed its name to better reflect the variety of medical services it offered the community.
Bolivar Medical Center is currently a 164-bed acute care general hospital including a 35-bed nursing home, 12 swing beds, and 12 geropsychology beds.