Requisition Number: 2023-4836
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Dyer, IN
Come work with a great team! Signet Health is actively recruiting for a seasoned Nurse Manager to manage the psychiatric services for the adult unit at Franciscan Health Dyer in Dyer, IN.
This position has accountability for managing resources, (human, material and financial) and ensuring quality, cost-effective delivery of services for the inpatient population. This person is recognized as a professional role model and promotes an environment that supports the goals, mission, vision, philosophy and values of the behavioral health unit.
- Directs quality and utilization standards across the continuum of care to ensure coordinated plans of treatment, patient-focused delivery of services and cost- effective utilization of necessary services; builds trust with the nursing staff through visibility.
- Provides for the seamless transition of patients across the continuum of care.
- Establishes partnerships with Franciscan Dyer's leadership groups in collaboration with medical staff and facility leadership, ensures a superior care experience and a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Ensures policies, practices and procedures comply with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of governmental and accrediting agencies.
- Communicates and interprets policies and procedures to nursing staff and monitors staff practices and implementation.
- Maintains a state of continuous regulatory readiness.
- Evaluates the work performance of all nursing personnel.
- Ensures delivery of compassionate quality care and nursing supervision as evidenced by adequate services and staff coverage on unit, and general cleanliness.
- Reviews each unit daily to monitor and ensure timely, effective responses to significant changes in condition, transfers, discharges, use of restraints, unexplained injuries, falls, behavioral episodes, medication errors, and environmental issues.
- Performs rounds to observe care and to interview staff, patients, families or other interested parties.
- Collaborates with physicians, consultants, community agencies and institutions to improve the quality of services and to resolve identified problems.
- Utilizes research data to implement clinical changes & the delivery of patient care.
- Oversees nursing schedules to assure they meet patient needs and regulatory and budgetary standards.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of nursing personnel.
- Active Indiana RN licensure or compact RN license.
- 3+ years leading a successful and profitable inpatient behavioral health program.
- Working knowledge of State, CMS, and TJC accreditation standards.
- Understanding of/ability to operate under a contract management arrangement.
- Strong staff training and education skills.
Areas of experience:
- Budgeting and financial management.
- Referral development.
- Enforcing compliance measures.
- Establishing resources to achieve program goals and effectiveness.
- Personnel management.
Must be flexible to adjust to the needs of a fast-paced environment, demonstrate effective problem-solving skills, and display proficient oral/written communication skills. Previous adult behavioral health experience is required. Candidates must possess an active Indiana RN license or be eligible for endorsement. Master’s degree in Nursing (MSN) is strongly preferred.