Requisition Number: 2023-4581
Type of Position: Part-Time
Location: Madisonville, TX
Signet Health is actively interviewing qualified applicants for Mental Health Technician positions for our program at St. Joseph Madison Hospital in Madisonville, TX. We are looking for MHTs, CNS, or equivalent with experience. This opening is for Part-time or PRN; however, do have an opening for a full-time MHT.
Signet Health provides a market-competitive compensation package for full-time positions.
This is a key position that provides direct patient care, monitors patients' physical and emotional needs, and administratively supports the psychiatric program.
- Med Reconciliation experience.
- Daily patient transportation.
- Assists in maintaining medical records.
- Performs Admissions/Insurance Verification and Billing.
- Monitors patient interactions and safety.
- Provides clerical support.
- Assists in patient data collection.
- Provides patient information as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Has good verbal and non-verbal communication skills to provide targeted therapeutic interventions with patients.
- Posting charges daily and entering census information.
- Scheduling patients' therapy and psychiatric appointments.
- Answer telephone for program, screen calls, takes messages.
- Process mail and order program supplies.
- Marketing program with daily contacts
- Assisting patients with toileting needs, if needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years of work experience in a healthcare facility or personal care for senior adults preferred.
- Clean driving record.
- Familiarity with medical and psychiatric terminology.
- Proficient in EXCEL, and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build positive and respectful rapport with patients and families and coworkers.
- Works well in a busy team environment.
EOE - We are committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.