Requisition Number: 2022-4328
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Clinton, MD
Come work with a great team! Signet Health manages the behavioral health services for MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center and has openings for Mental Health Technicians.
We offer a competitive salary starting between $18 - $19 with a comprehensive benefits package including generous PTO.
The Mental Health Technician is a key position that provides direct patient care, monitors patients' physical and emotional needs and administratively supports the psychiatric program.
- Assists in maintaining medical records
- Monitors patient interactions and safety
- Provides clerical support
- Assists in patient data collection
- Provides patient information as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- Utilizes knowledge of verbal and non-verbal communication skills to provide targeted therapeutic interventions with patients
- Transports patients to outside appointments, if necessary
- Other duties assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required; Bachelors degree and/or Maryland CNA license strongly preferred.
- 1+ years of work experience in a psychiatric/chemical dependency facility preferred.
- Familiarity with medical and psychiatric terminology.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build positive and respectful rapport with patients, families and peers.
- Works well in a busy team environment. Good work ethics.