Requisition Number: 2021-3813
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: St Paul, NE
Hiring for a Mental Health Technician (MHT) or Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) for our psychiatric program at Howard County Medical Center, St. Paul NE.
The Mental Health Tech is a key position that provides direct patient care, monitors patients' physical and emotional needs, and administratively supports the psychiatric program.
- Daily patient transportation.
- Assists in maintaining medical records and provides clerical support.
- Monitors patient interactions and safety.
- Assists in patient data collection.
- Is part of the interdisciplinary team and provides patient information.
- Posting charges daily and entering census information
- Scheduling patients therapy and psychiatric appointments
- Answering telephone for program, screen calls, takes messages
- Processing mail and order program supplies
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Work experience in a psychiatric, chemical dependency facility, or assisted living facility.
- Clean driving record
- Familiarity with medical and psychiatric terminology.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build positive and respectful rapport with patients and families.
- Works well in a busy team environment.
The Howard Count Medical Center in St. Paul, NE includes a 16-bed critical access hospital that has been providing quality, efficient health care since 1955, as well as, variety of outpatient services from numerous specialty physicians.