Requisition Number: 2023-4839
Type of Position: Part-Time
Location: Ridgewood, NJ
Signet Health is seeking a physician Board Certified in ASAM/ABAM or BE/BC Psychiatrist or Addiction Medicine Services for a Medical Director - Recovery & Wellness position, part-time, with our program in Ridgewood NJ. This is a part-time contract position consisting of eight (8) hours/month on-site. Generous compensation.
The Medical Director will be an active member of the Medical Staff, with appropriate clinical privileges and credentialing set up by the hospital.
The Medical Director shall be responsible for the direction, provision and quality of medical services provided to clients including, but not limited to, the following:
- Provides administrative oversight of the facility's medical services
- Assists the administrator of the facility in the development and maintenance of written objectives, policies, a procedure manual, an organization plan and a quality assurance program for medical services, and review of all medical policies and procedures at least annually (Such documentation shall be shared with the facility's physicians, the director of nursing services and other appropriate medical staff on an ongoing basis or as revisions are made)
- In conjunction with the administrator and the governing authority of the substance use disorders treatment facility, responsible for planning and budgeting for medical services
- Coordinates and integrates medical services with other client care services to ensure continuity of care for each client
- Ensures facility compliance with required medical staffing patterns
- Assists in the development of written job descriptions for the medical staff, reviews credentials, participates in hiring medical staff, delineates privileges of medical staff and assigns duties of the medical staff
- Participates in staff orientation and staff education activities when applicable
- Approves the content and location of emergency kits or carts; medications, including controlled substances; use of over-the-counter floor stock medications maintained on a list at the facility; and the amounts that may be and are stored throughout the facility, equipment and supplies, the expiration dates of medically related time-sensitive items, the frequency with which these items are reviewed for appropriateness and completeness and assigning qualified staff to perform these reviews
- Reviews any physical examination reports and medical screening results conducted off-site for a client for the preadmissions process or for other medical concerns to ensure that the client's medical needs are considered and addressed in the development of the treatment plan and throughout treatment;
- Provides supervision of the facility's physician(s)
- Demonstrates and models service excellence behavior at all times. Responds with concern, cooperation, and respect. Establishes cooperative working relationships with all individuals with whom contact is made
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Ensures the professional development of self and team, i.e., pursues continuing education opportunities and shares knowledge as appropriate with other members of the health care team; participates in professional organizations; reads professional journals and texts; etc
- BE/BC Adult Psychiatry or BC in ASAM/ABAM or five years experience working in a substance abuse treatment facility and completed the training course: ASAM/ABAM/American Association for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence (AATOD) clinicians training course, www.aatod.org/clinician.html
- Member in good standing in the medical community
- Maintains up-to-date credentials including CV, License, DEA, CDS, Board Certification, documentation of hospital admitting privileges.
- Maintains CME credit hours as required for Board Certification and/or hospital staff privileges.