Requisition Number: 2021-3684
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Lovington, NM
We are currently seeking a NM licensed, competent, and compassionate therapist/counselor for our program at Nor-Lea General Hospital in Lovington, NM. The therapist/counselor provides guidance to senior adults who are dealing with behavioral health issues. This is a hospital position so all benefits, etc are through the hospital.
To be considered for the Therapist/Counselor position, you must be licensed in New Mexico as one of the following:
- Present relevant findings that pertain to mental status and patient risk in an acute environment.
- Prepare comprehensive bio-psychosocial assessments, mental status exams, treatment plans and other clinical reports.
- Provide individual treatment and crisis intervention services.
- Confers with staff regularly regarding techniques used, case progress, and related matters for the purpose of promoting and evaluating professional development and assuring quality of care, as well as, reviewing work in progress.
- Personally maintains a caseload and may handle some of the more complex cases; performs a variety of direct clinical, diagnostic, treatment, and outreach services.
- The Clinical Counselor will participate in the ED on-call schedule.
- Clinical/case management tasks
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Clinical emergencies/crisis intervention
- Mental health services - treatment plans
- DSM-IV TR (DSM V) - Diagnostic tool/Patient assessment
- Intervention techniques/Treatment plans
- Communication skills - oral/written
- Interpersonal skills
- Diverse patient/staff populations
- Internal/External referrals - Triage
- Compliant with federal, state, and agency regulations
Master's degree in Social Work (MSW), Counseling (Psychology, Counseling, and Marriage Family Therapist) or related field from an accredited program and two (2) years of behavioral health experience (post-graduate) from an accredited program and completion of clinical training hours necessary to achieve independent licensure.
Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) Required - or
Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) Required - or
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) Required - and
CPR/AED Adults and Pediatrics Required