Requisition Number: 2023-4695
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Valhalla, NY
This professional clinical position is responsible for conducting clinical assessments and delivering treatment services in individual, family and group formats consistent with the scope of practice of the incumbent. Treatment and therapy will be provided based upon the treatment plan developed by the multidisciplinary treatment team. This professional will be a key member of the treatment team and its process.
The work hours consist of flexible scheduling for coverage between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Days and hours may change for clinical/programmatic needs.
- Licensed in New York as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), or Limited Permit.
- 2 years’ experience providing behavioral health services in an inpatient setting preferred.
- The incumbent must have knowledge of crisis intervention principles and practices, case management practices, understanding and the ability to provide individual, group and family therapy.
- Knowledge of medical and pharmacology terminology.
- Skills to detect unusual patient behaviors through observing people who are at risk because of health problems, substance use or other health related problems.
- Professional writing skills to document patient’s condition, treatment and care plan in records.
- Establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with patients, co-workers, supervisors, physicians and the general public and work in a treatment team environment.
- Physical ability to perform duties assigned.
- Knowledge of regulatory agency standards Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Office of Mental Health and Det Norske Veritas standards.
- Commitment to enhancing cultural competency.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and to follow oral and written instructions as well as the ability to read and understand English.
The Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) is a 1,700-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with 10 hospitals on eight campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2 and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region’s only acute care children’s hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley.
The Behavioral Health Center, located on WMC's Valhalla campus, has been a leading provider of psychiatric services since 1929, offering a full spectrum of inpatient, outpatient, community and emergency care for adults, children, and adolescents.