Requisition Number: 2022-4187
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Valhalla, NY
This professional clinical position is responsible for conducting clinical evaluations and delivering treatment services in individual and group formats consistent with the scope of practice of the incumbent. Treatment and therapy will be provided based upon the treatment plan developed by the multidisciplinary treatment team. This professional will be a key member of the treatment team and its process.
The basic work schedule is 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Days and hours may change on an interim basis for clinical/programmatic needs.
- Licensed in New York as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC).
- 2+ years of Behavioral Health Inpatient experience preferred.
- Knowledge of
- crisis intervention principles and practices
- case management practices
- group experience
- DNV and OMH standards
- Strong patient assessment skills and therapy skills (individual, group, family).
- Bi-Lingual Spanish speaking a plus.
- Additional certifications (i.e. CASAC) beneficial.
The Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) is a 1,700-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with 10 hospitals on eight campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2 and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region’s only acute care children’s hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley.
The Behavioral Health Center, located on WMC's Valhalla campus, has been a leading provider of psychiatric services since 1929, offering a full spectrum of inpatient, outpatient, community and emergency care for adults, children, and adolescents.