Requisition Number: 2023-4733
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Washington, DC
$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS for FT!
Come work with a growing interdisciplinary team!
Signet Health manages the behavioral health services for MedStar Washington Hospital Center. Our team uses evidence-based treatment modalities to help provide cutting-edge and quality therapeutic services to those that need it most in the District of Columbia area, as well as surrounding states. Our services include brief therapy, group therapy, addiction related services, medication management, Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program (IOP), Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP), and integrated Co-Occurring treatment for adults.
We have a Full-time and PRN Therapist (LPC or LICSW) opening that offers rich and unique learning opportunities. Typical schedule will be M-F from 8:30am-5pm (PRN to cover hours within that time frame as needed). Licensure in the District of Columbia is required as outlined: Psychologists or LICSW. LPC may be considered with 3 or more years of post-licensure experience. Background with adults and addiction related services are strongly preferred.
Work expectations would include:
- Providing therapeutic services onsite at the Outpatient Clinic. Services may be a mixture of individual therapy, group therapy, intakes, addiction/co-occurring services, and supporting PHP and IOP outcomes.
- Collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team of qualified health care professionals, throughout the MedStar Health Network and collaborating community treatment teams.
- Compliant documentation of clinical services, assessments, referrals, and other clinically related entries within our electronic-medical-record (EMR).
- Organize and present case presentations and staffing with your clinical team and prescribers.
- Proactively planning for step-downs and discharge planning for patients assigned to your caseload, including keeping treatment plans and diagnostics assessments current.
- Attend regular interdisciplinary team meetings and supervision for the operational and administrative functions of the outpatient clinic.
- Collaborate with a full operations team and leadership located within the same clinic.
- Attend company provided and/or covered trainings to maintain required licensures, and professional development.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and is not to be considered as all inclusive.
- Active District of Columbia Psychologist or LICSW.
- LPC will be considered with 3 or more years of post-licensure clinical experience working with adults in an outpatient setting.
- Minimum of 3 years of post-licensure clinical experience within a community mental health, outpatient mental health clinic or addictions program.
- Experience with accessing local community resources and facilitating group therapy.
- Must be flexible to the needs of a fast-paced environment, demonstrate effective problem-solving skills, and display excellent oral/written communication skills
- Strong organization, initiative, and time management skills.
- 3 or more years of addiction related experience is strongly preferred.