Requisition Number: 2022-4431
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Eldorado, IL
We are actively interviewing licensed social workers for a hospital Behavioral Health Therapist position with our program - Senior Transitions/Behavioral Health - Eldorado, IL.
This is a Monday - Friday position, 8AM - 5PM, no weekends, evenings, or holidays.
This is a hospital position with generous hospital benefits and a competitive compensation package.
The Behavioral Health Therapist is part of a multidisciplinary team with emphasis on group therapy in our geriatric program.
Main responsibilities are:
- Provides therapy services to patients and their families.
- Completes psychological assessments.
- Facilitates family and individual therapy as per orders.
- Develops, reviews, and implements treatment plans.
- Provides case management discharge planning.
Other skills needed:
Ability to exercise self-control if confronted verbally or physically.
- Ability to concentrate amidst periodic noisy conditions and interruptions.
- Ability to exercise self control when dealing with differences of opinions.
- State Licensure as a Master's Level Social Worker - LCSW, LCPC, or equivalent.
- Experience in working with senior and geriatric population in a hospital setting.
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Training in non-violent crisis intervention.
- Current CPR certification preferred but not required.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to adapt to workload demands and set priorities
- Ability to build rapport quickly and develop working relationships
- Requires access to transportation
Within just less than 100 years, Ferrell hospital went from a physician's office on the second floor of a downtown building in Eldorado, IL to a critical care access facility with continued dedication of the medical and hospital staff providing excellent compassionate care and committment to patient's.