Requisition Number: 2023-4570
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Tiffin, OH
The position performs routine clerical and administrative duties related to the day-to-day operation for the adults in our senior program. Work involves contact with patients, their families, and hospital staff.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Answers telephones, takes messages and responds to inquiries for routine information.
- Provides assistance to hospital staff, patients and their families/visitors, providing information and directions.
- Distributes patient rights booklets and informs patients of same and ensures documentation.
- Completes and processes forms, form letters and other records, charts and activity logs in accordance with established procedures and attention to accuracy.
- Responsible for preparing, compiling, maintaining and reviewing patient charts and records.
- Re-orders supplies and arranges for repair of equipment.
- Uses computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and database software in performing work assignments.
Position is Full-Time, Monday to Friday.
- High school diploma or equivalency diploma. College degree preferred.
- 2+ years of related experience.
- Computer proficiency – spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and medical records experience preferred.
- Strong and professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and understanding of confidentiality.
- Some healthcare experience preferred.
Sojourn at Seneca is a comprehensive inpatient behavioral health hospital designed to meet the needs of older adults. The main goals of treatment are stabilization and to provide treatment to overcome current crisis, achieving personal growth in the process.
In collaboration with each patient's physician, our team of health care professionals designs an individual treatment program to address emotional and psychological health, as well as any outstanding physical and medical issues a patient is experiencing. Sojourn at Seneca's behavioral health program is specially designed to meet older adults' therapeutic needs, while offering a comfortable and welcoming environment during treatment.