Requisition Number: 2022-4005
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Bluefield, WV
The Behavioral Health Pavilion of the Virginias, a service of Princeton Community Hospital, has openings for Crisis/Intake Counselors:
Current Availability: Full-Time (evening shift)....Part-Time (weekends)....PRN.
Great position for someone looking for a new opportunity; PRN and Part-Time positions perfect for college students completing their Master’s degree. Very cohesive team!
Crisis Workers are an integral part of helping someone quickly access professional assistance. You, as the crisis counselor, are the first point of help for that person in crisis.
This counselor position involves the following:
- responds to crisis inquiries and intakes (exclusively on-site, primarily phone)
- provides clinical screening and crisis intervention services
- mobilizes internal and external resources
- establishes appropriate stabilization and disposition of each case in coordination with psychiatric staff
- ensures appropriate information/referral for follow-up care in cases not requiring admission to hospital services
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, in mental health or related field, or LPN with mental health experience.
- Knowledge of or experience in working with mental health or chemical dependency field.
- Ability to work cooperatively with the program staff.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Clinical experience sufficient to perform required clinical assessment services.
- Training in non-violent crisis intervention helpful, but training can be provided after employment.
- Current CPR certification helpful, but training can be provided.
The Behavioral Health Pavilion of the Virginias, an affiliate of Princeton Community Hospital, is located at the foot of the beautiful East River Mountain in Bluefield, West Virginia. The Pavilion, established March, 2010, is a leading provider of behavioral health services for adults 18 and older.