Requisition Number: 2023-4552
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Jackson, MS
Signet Health is working with our client actively interviewing for a behavioral health Intake Coordinator to be based in our program at St. Dominic-Jackson memorial Hospital (St. Dominic Hospital), Jackson, MS.
The Intake Coordinator is responsible for completion of the initial intake assessments, assisting with inpatient admission to the facility, and providing community referrals.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, and safety standards. Participates in educational programs and Inservice meetings Maintains confidentiality of patient information
- Provides assessment evaluations, determines level of care, makes treatment recommendations. Coordinates the admission process with appropriate team members including Registration / Admissions and Nursing.
- Respond promptly to inquiry and crisis calls
- Refers inquiries to other agencies and community resources when not appropriate for facility admission
Education, Experience & Skills:
Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Human Services field is preferred.
Degree must be license eligible (license preferred).
- One year minimum experience in social work, intake, admissions, counseling, or other areas is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and computer skills are necessary to work efficiently in collaboration with patients, physicians and other departments and community professionals.
- Crisis counseling experience is preferred.
- Ability to relate to individuals of various backgrounds, economic circumstances, ethnicity and age with respect and dignity.
- Computer, copier, and fax skills are preferred.