Requisition Number: 2023-4696
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Michigan City, IN
Signet Health is actively interviewing RN's (Registered Nurse) and LPN's (Licensed Practical Nurse) for the Intake Assessment Coordinator position with our program in Michigan City, IN.
The Intake Coordinator Nurse will be responsible for:
- Performing patient assessments upon arrival
- Handling phone inquiries with referral sources
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with referrals sources
- Performing medical screening of lab work and case history to determine if patient meets admission criteria
- Admission and registration functions
- Coordinating with the insurance companies and utilization management to initiate inpatient pre-certification
- Providing clinical data to insurance companies
Additional responsibilites are participating in utilization review and/or quality assurance programs; conduct various types of case reviews for quality and appropriate medical management, cost containment, peer review and rehabilitation; summarize and analyze data; prepare statistical reports; implement decisions in program according to revisions in standards; review medical records of various health care eligibility, resource unit referral and/or compliance with federal funding provisions; making follow-up calls with referral sources to ensure referral source satisfaction and providing coordination with unit nursing staff throughout the admission process.
- RN or LPN licensure, BSN is preferred
- Certified in Psychiatric Nursing preferred
- 2 years of experience in the field of behavioral health and customer service preferred.