Requisition Number: 2022-4138
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Valhalla, NY
The Expressive Therapist is a member of the treatment team who delivers a full range of modalities and therapeutic activities (music, dance, movement, art, crafts).
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Assist in planning a daily activity schedule.
- Develop programming that reflects the assessed needs/interests of the patients; provide culturally appropriate activities, supplies and materials.
- Integrate individual and group expressive activities and socialization as part of the total patient plan of care.
- Assist in supervision and residential and leisure support of the patients.
- Bachelor’s degree in music, dance, movement, art and/or other expressive field.
- New York Creative Arts Therapist license prefered.
- 1+ years of prior experience planning, organizing and directing expressive therapy activities.
- Experience working with a behavioral health population.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus.
The Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) is a 1,700-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with 10 hospitals on eight campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2 and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region’s only acute care children’s hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley.
The Behavioral Health Center, located on WMC's Valhalla campus, has been a leading provider of psychiatric services since 1929, offering a full spectrum of inpatient, outpatient, community and emergency care for adults, children, and adolescents.