Requisition Number: 2021-3834
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Louisville, KY
OverviewDirector of Behavioral Health, Louisville Kentucky
Signet Health, a national behavioral health management company, is currently recruiting for a seasoned Director to manage a new 20-bed Geriatric psych unit in Louisville KY.
This full-time position requires an experienced behavioral healthcare professional who is dedicated to exceptional patient care, cutting edge services, and executive-level professionalism. This is a great opportunity to serve the community while working collaboratively with Signet Health and University of Louisville Health System hospital leadership.
Your specific duties as Director will include:
- Overseeing all day-to-day operations ensuring staff and patient engagement
- Leading program development with short term and long-term goals.
- Ensuring compliance with hospital, state, federal and licensing agency regulatory standards
- Establishing relationships with community leaders and service providers to promote/foster the positive reputation of the program.
- Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with Health System leaders to ensure coordination and collaboration of necessary unit resources to provide care.
- Leading with a focus on patient safety and continuous performance improvement/innovation as top priority.
Generous compensation package provided.
Responsibilities: You must have strong demonstrated leadership/management experience in an acute care setting, as well as strong knowledge of administrative and clinical systems within a highly matrix organization.
- Experience leading a hospital-based psychiatric program.
- Competent with compliance, strong focus on safety, quality, and integrity.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree required in a related degree. Master’s degree highly preferred, MSN, MHA, MBA or clinical degree
- 5+ years leading a successful and profitable inpatient psychiatric and/or chemical dependency program. Geriatric psychiatric inpatient experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of State, CMS, and Joint behavioral health accreditation standards.
- Understanding of/ability to operate under a contract management arrangement.
Areas of experience:
- Financial Management
- Referral development
- Patient safety, risk and performance improvement methods
- Enforcing compliance measures
- Establishing resources in a matrix organization to achieve program goals and effectiveness
- Employee engagement and retention strategies
- Strategic program analysis and evaluation