Requisition Number: 2021-3745
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Bluefield, WV
The Behavioral Health Pavilion of the Virginias, a service of Princeton Community Hospital, is actively seeking a full-time Crisis Counselor, M-F 3PM-11:30PM.
Great position for someone who is looking to make a difference and be a part of an amazing team!
The Crisis Worker is an integral part of helping someone immediately get the help they need and often, you, the crisis counselor, are the first point of help for that person in crisis.
This counselor position involves the following:
- responds to crisis inquiries and intakes (on-site, primarily phone, some face-to-face)
- provides clinical screening and crisis intervention services
- mobilizes internal and external resources
- establishes appropriate stabilization and disposition of each case in coordination with psychiatric staff
- ensures appropriate information/referral for follow-up care in cases not requiring admission to hospital services
Make a difference for someone in crisis. Apply today.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, in a mental health or related field, or LPN with mental health experience.
- Knowledge of or experience in working with mental health or chemical dependency field.
- Ability to work cooperatively with the program staff.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Clinical experience sufficient to perform required clinical assessment services.
- Training in non-violent crisis intervention, helpful but training can be provided after employment.
- Current CPR certification, helpful but training can be provided.
The Behavioral Health Pavilion of the Virginias, an affiliate of Princeton Community Hospital, is located at the foot of the beautiful East River Mountain in Bluefield, West Virginia. The Pavilion, established March, 2010, is a leading provider of behavioral health services for adults 18 and older.