Requisition Number: 2021-3760
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Fort Madison, IA
Community Outreach Coordinator
Signet Health/Diamond Healthcare is currently recruiting for an experienced professional for the position of Community Outreach Coordinator for an older adult inpatient behavioral health unit at Southeast Iowa Regional Medical Center in Fort Madison, IA. This position will provide the community with health education/information support and implement referral development strategies that result in a positive community image and assist the facility in meeting its goals.
The Geriatric Behavioral Health unit is a 12-bed unit embedded in the Southeast Iowa Regional Medical Center Fort Madison Campus. This is a great opportunity to serve the community while working collaboratively with Signet Health and hospital leadership. Reporting directly to the Program Director of Geriatric Behavioral Health, this is a highly visible position with strategic responsibility. We are seeking a qualified executive level candidate who is dedicated to exceptional patient care, cutting edge services and customer excellence.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the liaison between referral sources/providers and the Geriatric Behavioral Health unit team to develop referral relationships.
- Work towards consistently increasing Patient census.
- Plan, develop, and implement promotional and educational programs which reflect the quality services provided on the Geriatric Behavioral Health unit.
- Conduct community needs assessment and lead a team in the development of the corresponding implementation plan.
- Promote hospital/unit events in the community.
- Long-term care for marketing/sales experience highly desireable or related experience in behavioral health marketing/sales.
- Bachelor degree is required in a related field.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with a variety of teams and personalities. Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving communication skills.
EOE - We are committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.