Requisition Number: 2022-4371
Type of Position: Part Time - Full Time
Location: El Prado, NM
Signet Health in conjunction with Vista Taos, a Drug & Alcohol Treatment Program in Taos, NM, has an immediate need for a Recovery Advocate (RA) or equivalent such as a Mental Health Technician or Certified Nursing Assistant.
All shifts available - Full-time/Part-time/PRN - days/nights/weekends. Pay range is market-competitive
The position is a key position providing direct patient care, monitoring patients' physical and emotional needs, and administratively supporting the program.
- Assists in maintaining medical records
- Monitors patient interactions and safety with de-escalation skills
- Thorough understanding of 12-step Recovery model
- Room checks as directed
- Provides clerical support
- Assists in patient data collection
- Performs medical procedures under direction of an RN
- Provides patient information as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- Utilizes knowledge of verbal and non-verbal communication skills to provide targeted therapeutic interventions with patients
- Transporting patients to/from meetings safely
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent. Associated degree in related field preferred.
- Experience in a psychiatric/alcohol treatment or healthcare facility
- Familiarity with medical and psychiatric terminology
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build positive and respectful rapport with patients and families
- Works well in a busy team environment and self-directed
- BLS Required (training available)
- Ability to work shifts needed
- Clean driving record and background
- Knowledge of and/or ability to speak Spanish, helpful
- Ability to pass Drug Testing. If in recovery, minimum two (2) years sobriety.