Requisition Number: 2021-3870
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Lovington, NM
We are seeking a New Mexico licensed therapist/counselor who is competent and compassionate for our program at Nor-Lea General Hospital in Lovington, NM.
The therapist/counselor provides guidance to senior adults who are dealing with behavioral health issues. This is a hospital position so all benefits, etc are through the hospital.
To be considered for the Therapist/Counselor position, you must be licensed in New Mexico as one of the following:
Your specific duties will include:
- Present relevant findings that pertain to mental status and patient risk in an acute environment.
- Prepare comprehensive bio-psychosocial assessments, mental status exams, treatment plans and other clinical reports.
- Provide individual treatment and crisis intervention services.
- Confers with staff regularly regarding techniques used, case progress, and related matters for the purpose of promoting and evaluating professional development and assuring quality of care, as well as, reviewing work in progress.
- Personally maintains a caseload and may handle some of the more complex cases; performs a variety of direct clinical, diagnostic, treatment, and outreach services.
- The Clinical Counselor will be required to participate in the Emergency Department on-call schedule.
- Clinical/case management tasks
- Clinical emergencies/crisis intervention
- Mental health services - treatment plans-group notes
- DSM-IV TR (DSM V) - Diagnostic tool/Patient assessment
- Communication skills - oral/written
- Diverse patient/staff populations
- Compliant with federal, state, and agency regulations
Master's degree in Social Work (MSW), Counseling (Psychology, Counseling, and Marriage Family Therapist) or related field from an accredited program.
Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) Required - or
Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) Required – or
Licensed Social Worker or-
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) Required - and
CPR/AED Adults and Pediatrics Required