Requisition Number: 2023-4851
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Clinton, MD
Our Registered Nurses promote and restore patients' health by completing the nursing process, collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members, providing physical and psychological support to patients and families.
We are hiring for a Behavioral Health Registered Nurse - ED Evaluator.
Full-time, three (3) 12-hour night shifts for Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 7:00 pm to 7:30 am. This position will report to the Director of Intake and Assessment.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Triaging, assessing and managing members referred for Behavioral Health Case management
- Tracking and management of members identified as needing Intensive Case management Services who may be high risk, high utilizing and at significant clinical risk
- Perform Telephone Assessments of Mental Health needs
- Telephonic collaboration with members
- Telephonic Collaboration and Coordination with providers and State agencies regarding Case management members
- Collaboration with Community Support Programs
- Utilization Review for Designated Hospitalized members
- Phone Coverage for urgent line and member services lines
- Treatment Record Reviews
- Provide members with appropriate community resources
- Perform reports documenting compliance with HEDIS measures
- Perform chart reviews to evaluate compliance with HEDIS measures
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program.
- Licensed by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
- One year Adult Psych, and/or Substance Use nursing experience preferred. New Graduates welcome to apply.
- Psychiatric mental health certification a plus.
- Articulate verbal communication and strong written skills.
- Proficient computer skills required; Cerner Medconnect experience preferred.
- American Heart Association BLS certification.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center is a 286 bed facility that provides over 60,000 emergency room visits and 20,000 admissions each year. The Behavioral Health Department includes a 24 bed Adult inpatient unit and Partial Hospitalization Program.