Requisition Number: 2023-4872
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Rapid City, SD
Signet Health is actively seeking a seasoned Director of Nursing for our program at Monument Health Rapid City Hospital in Rapid City, South Dakota.
We offer a market-competitive compensation package with insurance - medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k, generous PTO.
The Director of Nursing is an active member of the Department of Nursing leadership/management team and is responsible for nursing services for the adult and/or child/adolescent inpatient behavioral health programs. The Behavioral Health Director of Nursing works collaboratively with the Director of Behavioral Health, Behavioral Health Medical Director and hospital leadership to assure the highest level of patient safety and treatment possible.
- Responsible for creating and supporting patient first culture that fosters a high level of patient satisfaction as demonstrated by outcomes data.
- Creates a professional atmosphere and an environment of coaching and development that supports shared governance/shared decision making and a high level of employee satisfaction as evidenced by outcomes data.
- Collaborates with physicians and staff to champion patient care and quality services.
- Assists with patient care by establishing and/or monitoring the techniques, policies and procedures used by those who deliver care.
- Utilizing the Performance Improvement framework develops and implements strategies to ensure that clinical and administrative outcomes are achieved and sustained.
- Participates in workforce planning and employment decisions.
- Selects top talent, matching organizational needs with appropriate experience.
- Manages performance through rewards, recognition, coaching and corrective action.
- Provides mentorship and career counseling to aspiring clinicians and leaders so that they may develop required skills (succession planning).
- Works with hospital leadership and Responsible and accountable for annual budget. Synthesizes activities such as assimilation of raw data, compilation of statistics and control of fiscal and production activities for the process of budgetary analysis and development.
- Establishes and allocates staff resources in accordance with regulatory guidelines utilizing patient acuity and budgetary indicators as primary benchmarks. Understands, articulates, and ensures compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Accepts accountability for services through which direct nursing care is given, including, day-to-day unit operations, staff competencies and standards of care, achievement of clinical and administrative policies, mandates, and projects.
- Promotes a public image of program excellence through marketing and promotion of nursing through professional communication, presentations and publication and membership on a local/regional or national committee.
- Supports, designs, and monitors the development and implementation of patient and employee safety initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Negotiates effectively, persuades, and articulates issues and ideas to others within the hospital.
- Resolves very complex problems, such as developing innovative solutions based on extensive cross-functional knowledge of the organization.
- Manages several large and complex work groups and is regularly involved in developing and executing goals, strategies, and plans.
- Requires considerable judgment regarding the interpretation of policies, development of procedures and selection of appropriate courses of action as assignments are generally received in the form of broad goals for the department.
- Current and unencumbered Registered Nurse license in South Dakota
- 3+ years of behavioral health nursing experience highly preferred
- 3+ years of nursing leadership experience