Requisition Number: 2023-4585
Type of Position: Per Diem/ PRN
Location: Washington, DC
Come work with a great team! Signet Health manages the behavioral health services for MedStar Washington Hospital Center. Our team uses evidence-based treatment modalities to help provide cutting-edge and quality therapeutic services to those that need it most in the District of Columbia area, as well as surrounding states. Our services include brief therapy, group therapy, addiction related services, medication management, Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program (IOP), Partial-Hospitalization Program (PHP), and integrated Co-Occurring treatment for adults and older adults.
We have PRN/Part-time Art or Recreational Therapist openings that offer rich and unique learning opportunities. The clinic is open weekdays 8:30am -5:00 pm, and this position would cover hours within that time frame as needed.
Work expectations would include:
- Providing therapeutic services on-site at the Outpatient Clinic. Services will be a mixture of both in-person appointments and virtual services.
- Must be qualified and able to provide the full range of therapeutic services offered by the Outpatient Program: Individual and group therapy; addiction related therapy; IOP, and PHP.
- Collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team of qualified health care professionals, throughout the MedStar Health Network and collaborating community treatment teams.
- Complete and document clinical services, bio-psychosocial assessments, intakes, referrals, and other clinically related entries with our electronic-medical-record (EMR).
- Organize and present case presentations and staffing with your clinical team and prescribers.
- Lead the treatment team for proactive discharge planning for patients assigned to your caseload.
- Attend regular interdisciplinary team meetings and supervisions for the operational and administrative functions of the outpatient care service.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and is not to be considered as all inclusive.
- Active District of Columbia LGPC, LGSW license is a plus.
- An actively licensed LICSW or LPC will be considered with additional certification in art or recreational therapy (i.e., ATR or CTRS).
- Experience within a community mental health or outpatient mental health clinic or addictions program.
- Experience with facilitating patients and access to local community resources and facilitating groups.
- Must be flexible to the needs of a fast-paced environment, demonstrate effective problem-solving skills, and display excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Strong organization, initiative, and time management skills are important.
- Moderate to advanced basic typing and computer skills are critical, especially with the growing virtual services due to the pandemic.