Requisition Number: 2023-4709
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Washington, DC
Come work with a growing interdisciplinary team!
Signet Health manages the behavioral health services for MedStar Washington Hospital Center. Our team uses evidence-based treatment modalities to help provide cutting-edge and quality therapeutic services to those that need it most in the District of Columbia area, as well as surrounding states. Our services include brief therapy, group therapy, addiction related services, medication management, Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program (IOP), Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP), and integrated Co-Occurring treatment for adults.
We have a Full-time Addiction Therapist opening that offers rich and unique learning opportunities. Typical schedule will be M-F from 8:30am-5pm. Licensure in the District of Columbia is required as outlined: LICSW. An LPC may be considered with adequate experience. Background with adults and addiction related services is necessary.
- Providing therapeutic services on-site at the Outpatient Clinic. Services may be a mixture of individual therapy, group therapy, intakes, addiction/co-occurring services, and supporting PHP and IOP outcomes.
- Collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team of qualified health care professionals, throughout the MedStar Health Network and collaborating community treatment teams.
- Compliant documentation of clinical services, assessments, referrals, and other clinically related entries within our electronic-medical-record (EMR).
- Organize and present case presentations and staffing with your clinical team and prescribers.
- Pro-actively planning for step-downs and discharge planning for patients assigned to your caseload, including keeping treatment plans and diagnostic assessments current.
- Attend regular interdisciplinary team meetings and supervision for the operational and administrative functions of the outpatient clinic.
- Collaborate with a full operations team and leadership stationed within the same clinic.
- Attend company provided and/or covered trainings to maintain required licensures, and professional development.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and is not to be considered as all inclusive.
Essential Experience and License Requirements
- Active D.C. licensure as a LICSW with addiction service experience. An experienced LPC may be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years of post-licensure clinical experience within a community mental health, outpatient mental health clinic or addictions program. CAC II in addition is highly valued.
- Experience with accessing local community resources and facilitating group therapy.
- Must be flexible to the needs of a fast-paced environment, demonstrate effective problem-solving skills, and display excellent oral/written communication skills
- Strong organization, initiative, and time management skills.
- Moderate to advanced basic typing and computer skills are critical, especially with the growing virtual services due to the pandemic.
- Must be flexible to the needs of a fast-paced environment, demonstrate effective problem-solving skills, and display excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to serve as an addiction related subject matter expert within a supportive interdisciplinary team.